Springtime Citrus Body Butter
With my autoimmune diseases, I am at a higher risk to develop cancer. Therefore, using personal care products that contain toxins and carcinogens is something I avoid as much as possible. I make a lot of my own products using natural ingredients and essential oils. So when I was offered an opportunity by Aroma Foundry to try their essential oils my answer was a definite yes! I used their Mandarin Essential Oil to make this Springtime Citrus Body Butter.
*I received essential oils from Aroma Foundry for a review, but all opinions are my own.
Thumbs Up to Aroma Foundry for:
- Oils are 100% pure and all-natural
- No additives
- Made in the United States (Santa Barbara, California)
- Oil source is listed on the box
I received 6 bottles of oil and every one of them had a great scent. It was hard to decide which one to use for my body butter but Mandarin won out. In addition to Mandarin, Grapefruit is another favorite. They both smell springtime fresh and paired with Bergamot they smelled wonderful in my diffuser!
The essential oils are packaged nicely to prevent breakage. The blue glass bottles are fitted with a Euro dropper. Just be careful though as the drops seem to come out really fast. It seems best to just tip the bottle slightly then tap on the bottle to get the desired number of drops.
I would definitely recommend the Aroma Foundry essential oils. The oils are reasonably priced and the company offers a money back guarantee if for any reason you aren’t satisfied. They also offer a good selection of scents although I would love to see them add a few others like clove and vanilla (2 of my fall favorites). If you buy through their website, use the code 10off to get $5 off your $30 purchase. And shipping is a flat $5 rate and free on orders over $50.
And their slogan says it all – “Little Drops, Lots of Joy”!
Recipe for Springtime Citrus Body Butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter
- 2 Tablespoons almond oil
- citrus scented essential oil
- food coloring if desired
- Put medium sized bowl in the freezer while preparing oils.
- Melt coconut oil, shea butter and almond oil over medium/low heat.
- Pour melted oils in the cold bowl. Then place bowl in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes or until oils look opaque.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and add about 20-30 drops of essential oil (I used Mandarin). Also add food coloring at this time if desired. To achieve the peach color I used 4 drops of red and 6 drops of yellow.
- With a mixer on high speed beat the oils until mixture has thickened.
- Place body butter in small jars for gifts or a large jar for yourself.