Gluten Free Gingerbread Muffins
There is nothing like the smell of gingerbread baking! Clove, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon is such a wonderful mix of spices! Get them all in this gluten free gingerbread muffins recipe which is adapted from If You Give A Blonde A Kitchen.
Recipe for Gluten Free Gingerbread Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum (if not included in your gluten free flour)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gingerbread spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix together gluten free flour, almond flour, baking soda, xantham gum, cinnamon, gingerbread spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together coconut oil, honey, molasses and egg.
- Add half the dry mixture into the wet mixture stirring until mixed. Then add half the water and mix well. Repeat with the other half of the dry mixture and water.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- I used a mini silicone gingerbread mold to make the muffins pictured above. I baked them for 15 minutes.