National Oreo Cookie Day March 6
“Milk’s Favorite Cookie”! How do you like your Oreo? Whether you have an Oreo cookie with milk or celebrate with one of these recipes for National Oreo Cookie Day March 6, you will be enjoying one of America’s most popular cookies!
History of The Oreo
The Oreo Cookie, originally called the Oreo Biscuit, was developed in 1912. They were first sold in Hoboken, NJ for 25 cents a pound. The name was quickly changed to Oreo Sandwich and then to Oreo Creme Sandwich. The Nabisco logo was added to the cookie in 1952. The advertising slogan at that time was “Oh! Oh! Oreo!”and today’s slogan is “Milk’s Favorite Cookie”. However, according to the ingredients the original recipe is milk and egg free so you can enjoy them even if you can’t eat dairy! There are now many different flavors to choose from including birthday cake, pumpkin spice, s’mores and watermelon! I’m waiting for the gluten free, sugar free version!
Here are 7 different recipes using the original flavor Oreo cookie. Which is your favorite?
1.Oreo Cookie Bars – This Autoimmune Life
2. Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies – Mandy’s Recipe Box
3. Bunny Oreos – Party Pinching
4. Cookies and Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies – Kevin and Amanda
5. White Chocolate Oreo Truffles – Cake’s Cottage
6. Easter Chick Oreo Pops – Delightful E Made
7. No Bake Oreo Cheesecake – Live Well Bake Often