Easy Thanksgiving Side Dish Delicious Baked Carrots
Every time I make these carrots, someone asks for the recipe. They are really very easy to make and use this McCormick’s Grill Mates Montreal Seasoning for the flavoring. The long bake time carmelizes them creating a spicy/sweet taste. I hope you enjoy this side dish as much as my family does! Leave a comment and let me know what are some of your family’s favorite Thanksgiving side dishes?
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Seasoning
- First cook carrots in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes or until fork tender. While carrots are cooking preheat oven to 425. After carrots are finished cooking pour water from the pot. Then slice any large carrots in half lengthwise so that all the carrots have about the same width.
- Pour the carrots into a bowl. Then drizzle with a little bit of the olive oil and stir with a large spoon. Add a little more olive oil if needed to make sure all the carrots are coated.
- Line a pan with foil. Pour the carrots onto the pan. You can use a baking pan or baking dish but just make sure the carrots are in a thin layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the carrots with the sea salt and Montreal Seasoning to taste.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until lightly browned and carmelized, stirring every 15 minutes.