Crock Pot Leftover Ham & Bean Soup
I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and was able to spend time with friends and family! If you are like me, you cook way too much food and have plenty of leftovers. Crock Pot Leftover Ham & Bean Soup is a delicious way to use leftover ham from Thanksgiving. It is really easy to throw together and can be cooking in the crock pot while you do your shopping! When you get home this hearty meal is ready. This is one of my husband’s favorite soups! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound pre-soaked northern beans
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 ham bone
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot. Add the ham bone last, stirring to mix before you add it.
- Cook in the crock pot on low for 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Remove ham bone and let cool for a couple of minutes. Then remove any ham that was left on the bone and add it back into the crock pot.
- If the soup did not thicken to your liking, scoop out a few cups into a bowl and use an immersion blender or potato masher to smash the beans. Then add this mixture back to the soup and mix it in.