Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
It is still in the upper 80’s during the day here in Houston so it is not feeling much like fall outside. Cooler weather sure would be nice but somehow eating pumpkin spice flavored foods seems to help! These Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes have a good flavor without being overly sweet. They do not contain any eggs, butter or sugar which makes them a healthier alternative to regular pancakes. I hope you enjoy these pancakes and if you do, check out these gluten free blueberry pancakes as well!
What is your favorite pumpkin spice flavored food? Leave a comment!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free multi-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- A few drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin (or vanilla) extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat skillet to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix almond milk, stevia and pumpkin extract. Then add pumpkin puree and stir making sure the pumpkin puree is mixed in well.
- Blend wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Lightly grease your griddle. Then add batter onto the griddle. The batter is thick so use your ladle to spread it to the desired size of your pancake. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Depending on the thickness of your pancake you may need to cook them longer to make sure they are cooked through.