Gluten Free Penne Sausage Bake
Gluten Free Penne Sausage Bake is a great recipe for cooler weather. It can be made in the crockpot or in the oven. I use this homemade spaghetti sauce in the recipe and sprinkle the top with red pepper flakes which makes a nice sweet/spicy combination! Enjoy!
- 1- 12oz package gluten free penne pasta
- 2-3 cups homemade spaghetti sauce or 1 jar purchased
- 1- 8oz package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Then drain and pour into a casserole dish. I use an 11" x 7" dish.
- While pasta is cooking, cook sausage and onion in a frying pan until sausage is cooked through. Then spoon sausage over pasta in dish.
- Add the spaghetti sauce into the dish and mix everything together.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Then cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking for about 5-10 more minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Line crock pot with liner then spray liner with cooking spray.
- Follow directions above except spoon pasta, sausage and spaghetti sauce into the crock pot. Either mix the mozzarella into the pasta mixture or sprinkle it on top.
- Bake on low for about 8 hours.
- I love eating mine sprinkled with red hot pepper flakes.