Tortilla Chip Chicken
Tortilla Chip Chicken is one of my husbands favorite recipes for dinner. There is an ongoing disagreement at our house as to whether to call the evening meal dinner or supper. I have always called it dinner. His argument is that Jesus had a last “supper” not a last “dinner”. What do you call it at your house? Whatever you call it, this chicken makes a great addition to that meal!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- 3. Mix crushed tortilla chips and mozzarella cheese together in a large bowl then set aside.
- 4. In another bowl mix mayonnaise, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Then add the lime juice and stir until blended.
- 5. Slice each of the chicken breast to create 8 thin sliced breasts.
- 6. Coat each side of the chicken breasts with the mayonnaise mixture. Then dip each breast into the chip mixture. Make sure the breast is well coated with chips. Place each breast on the baking pan and sprinkle with a little salt.
- 7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- I use plain tortilla chips but flavored Dorito chips would work as well. I also use mozzarella cheese due to food sensitivities but any other type of shredded cheese would also be good.