Oreo Cookie Bars
In my job as an instructional technology coach at a middle school, I give weekly staff development on Wednesday. I also try to provide a little snack as an added incentive to attend. I’ve made these oreo cookie bars a couple of times and several people have asked for the recipe. It requires very few ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand. Thanks to Averie Cooks for this recipe!
First of all melt ½ cup of butter. Then mix with 1 cup of brown sugar. Add 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well.
Add 1 cup of flour and mix just until combined.
Next add in 18 crushed oreos (I put mine in a large plastic bag and go over it with my rolling pin, leaving some cookies in chunks). Batter will be thick at this point. Smooth batter into a 9 inch square pan that has been covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray. This makes for easy removal and super easy clean up! I got 2 of these ceramic pans on clearance for $1.85 at Joann’s a few weeks ago. Awesome deal!
Finally, sprinkle m & m’s over the top and gently press them into the batter. Then bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°.
Let cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed
- M & M's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 9" pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Melt butter.
- Mix butter and brown sugar together in large bowl. Then add vanilla and egg.
- Add flour to batter and stir just until combined.
- Stir in Oreo cookies.
- Then spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle batter with M & M's and press lightly.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.