Broccoli Beef Chinese Stir-Fry
This Broccoli Beef Chinese Stir-Fry is a tasty version of the take-out variety. In addition, it is made gluten and sugar free. Just be sure to buy a gluten-free soy sauce! This would also be good made with chicken if you prefer!
1. Mix marinade ingredients. Then stir in steak. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
2. Chop broccoli. (optional)
3. Mix sauce ingredients.
4. Saute broccoli in 1 tablespoon of oil.
5. Remove broccoli from pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil and cook meat until no longer pink. Then add 1/2 the sauce.
6. Add the rest of the sauce and the broccoli. Then cook until heated.
Finally enjoy over rice!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 few drop of liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1 1/2 pounds thin cut steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- a few drops of liquid stevia
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-14 ounce bag broccoli florets, defrosted
- Mix together all the ingredients except the steak until well blended.
- Add steak and stir to coat the meat.
- Cover and let marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine the soy sauce, stevia, garlic, cornstarch and rice vinegar and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli and saute until heated, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from pan.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Add the meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir the sauce and then add 1/2 to the meat.
- Stir until sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sauce and the broccoli.
- Heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- I like to cut the broccoli florets into smaller pieces.
- Great served over white or brown rice!